- Welcome to Joe Hill and Andreas Mischok - Joe Hill and Dr. Andreas Mischok have joined the team as PhD student and postdoctoral research associate, respectively. Joe’s PhD will be on the development and application of biolasers and Andreas will work on strong light matter coupling. Welcome!
- Collaboration with Heidelberg on electrically driven excition-polaritons in carbon nanotubes makes Nature Materials cover - Our recent paper on electrical pumping of exciton-polaritons in single walled carbon nanotubes has made the cover of the September issue of Nature Materials. Senior PhD students Arko Graf, who is supervised by Prof Jana Zaumseil in Heidelberg and by … Continue reading
- New microscopy method for reference-free imaging of cellular forces published in Nature Cell Biology - Our work on Elastic Resonator Interference Stress Microscopy (ERISM) has just appeared in Nature Cell Biology. Congratulations to Nils Kronenberg, Philipp Liehm and all others who have developed and tested ERISM. In contrast to existing methods, ERISM uses optical interference … Continue reading
- Congratulations to Alasdair Fikouras and Lewis Woolfson - Alasdair Fikouras has won the Arthur Maitland Prize for his talk at the 2nd year PhD student assessment. Lewis Woolfson has done his MPhys project in our group this year and has been awarded the Brewster Prize for his outstanding results … Continue reading
- Dr Marcel Schubert wins fellowship - Congratulations to Marcel who has won a prestigious postdoctoral fellowship from the Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851. Marcel works on on intracellular lasers for tagging and tracking of large quantities of individual cells.
- Welcome to Changmin Keum - As of February 2017 Dr. Changmin Keum has joined the team as postdoctoral research associate. Changmin will work on the development and application of OLEDs as light sources in biophotonics, in particular for optogenetics. Welcome!
- Invited talk at SPIE Photonics West BIOS 2017 - The GatherLab presented their recent work on using OLEDs as light sources for optogenetics at SPIE Photonics West BIOS, the world largest biophotonics meeting. We had the only invited paper at the “Optogenetics and Optical Manipulation” conference. Exciting…
- Carpe Lucem: Gatherlab writes for magazine of biochemical society - Members of the GatherLab have authored an article for the December issue of “The Biochemist” – the monthly journal of the biochemical society. The journal’s special Christmas issue themed “Shine a Light” covers various emerging ideas in biophotonics. Our article discusses … Continue reading
- Nanotubes made of carbon allow mixing infrared light and matter - In collaboration with the team of Prof Jana Zaumseil at University of Heidelberg in Germany, Arko Graf has shown that one can use highly purified semiconducting carbon nanotubes to form mixed light-matter particles at near infrared wavelengths. Arko is co-advised by … Continue reading
- Welcome to Yali Deng and Ana Neferu - This month Yali Deng and Ana Neferu joined our group as a new PhD students. Yali holds a China Scholarship Council Stipend and will be working on the development of OLEDs for biophotonics applications. Ana will be co-supervised by Eli Zysman-Coleman in … Continue reading
- Welcome to Joe Hill and Andreas Mischok
- Collaboration with Heidelberg on electrically driven excition-polaritons in carbon nanotubes makes Nature Materials cover
- New microscopy method for reference-free imaging of cellular forces published in Nature Cell Biology
- Congratulations to Alasdair Fikouras and Lewis Woolfson
- Dr Marcel Schubert wins fellowship